Legal and Compliance Coordinator
- UAE Nationals- Experienced Professionals [Non-Clinical]
- Abu Dhabi - UAE
We are looking for an experienced and motivated UAE National to work as a Legal and Compliance Coordinator
The legal and compliance Coordinator would be responsible for ensuring the alignment and compliance with the applicable laws and regulations, monitoring and updating the legal register, and Liaising with the relevant external and the internal stakeholders
Roles and Responsibilities
- Stay current with all laws-related legislative and regulatory changes and ensure the changes are communicated to the relevant stakeholders if needed.
- Ensure to update the legal register when needed and provide a summary report about the impact of the changes on the existing policies, procedures …etc.
- Responsible for liaising with the legal firms to exchange the required information from both parties and communicate the requirements to the relevant stakeholders.
- Liaison among all parties, including a court or other neutrals, for sharing required information related to legal cases.
- Work closely with the HR team members and attend employees' on-boarding and off-boarding to conduct compliance awareness sessions in line with applied laws and regulations.
- Create a book log to record all relevant compliance breaches and provide correction suggestions to ensure continuous improvement.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly
- Provide legal opinions and recommendations on legal documents, including but not limited to contracts, agreements, memorandums, and any other documents requested.
- Prepare and file legal documents
- Assist with implementation of legal and compliance within the organization
- Conduct regulatory research and identify relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes, and other pertinent material.
- Participate in audits related to legislation & compliance to ensure employees' compliance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Law degree with a minimum of 2 years of in-house practical experience ( private sector, semi-government sector experience preferred)
- Bilingual fluency in English and Arabic, verbal and written.
- Ability to prepare and review legal documents.
- Understanding of UAE employment laws and regulations
- Knowledge of commercial legal principles and operations.
- Experience in the UAE regulatory and business environment.
- Ability to conduct legal and strategic presentations and prepare reports.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to develop legal and strategic solutions.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and set priorities with excellent follow-up skills and self-organization.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and adaptivity.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Highly collaborative within a team environment
- Demonstrates a positive, solution-oriented attitude